Wrong preview for simultaneous time step action

Found any bugs? Tell us!

• I wanted to gift a factory to an ally. I disabled my shields and left with all my drillers. At the exact same time step as he would arrive, my factory would produce new drillers. I didn't know what would happen, but checked it with the time wheel. It showed that he would take over the factory. So I guessed the moving action phase would go before the production phase. In the game however, my new drillers just blew up his, and the factory was still mine... (and no, that wasn't very helpful for our relationship). So the time wheel preview showed the wrong outcome.

By the way, does anyone know how to avoid or postpone driller production in such a case?
    jappio

• Is it possible your ally got an Admiral and a speed boost, that made him reach your outpost earlier than expected?

If not, it could be a small bug (with serious consequenses for you). Things in the game are shown in 10 minute increments, but they actually can happen at different moments in these 10 minutes.

So for example at 6 minutes you schedule the new drillers to leave, and at 8 minutes your ally comes to take over the outpost. These are shows simultaniously at the 10 minute mark, but the order in which they actually happen, matters. It could be that the preview doesn't match with the actual events.

As for avoiding driller production: if you can get someone to gift you so much drillers that you reach your driller cap, your outposts won't produce new drillers until you're below your cap again. But that takes time to set up, and someone who can and is willing to get you drillers. There's no quick "skip production" button.
    stefan

• Stefan, your reply made me look at my game again. There wasnt an extra admiral hire, but my driller production did turn off and on again. So a small change in combat elsewhere might have caused my driller production to start a bit sooner than i had seen in the preview. Must have been the case!
    jappio

Return to Bug reports

Information