Three subs, one combat?

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:03 pm

• I have a sub with 54 drillers, followed by another sub with 0 driller+Martyr, approx 10 minutes after.
    I encounter an enemy sub with 2 drillers. Martyr dies... :?

How come the 2 enemy driller sub isn't neutralised by my 54 driller sub? I need my Martyr to survive!

Or is it a bug of the Time machine preview?

IMG_1926s.PNG
    IMG_1926s.PNG (111.63 KiB) Viewed 3510 times

IMG_1924s.PNG
    IMG_1924s.PNG (167.33 KiB) Viewed 3510 times
    radon_eu

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:21 pm

• My best guess, but I could be way off: subs take 10 mins to actually perform combat at an outpost. Maybe that rule applies to sub-to-sub combat? the front subs could be running into each other for the original combat, and the martyr comes up to them in that 10 min fight and blows everyone up. I could be totally wrong though, just post again when something happens.
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:31 pm

• Thanks, I understand. However in another forum someone else posted:
    kinc4id wrote:
    ttalaric wrote:Hi all,

Is there anyway possible for two or more subs arrive at the exact same time? I know the map is only updated every tick (10 minutes I believe) but it looks like the seconds still matter for combat resolution? I ask because if I am attacking an outpost with a inspector with multiple subs, even if I sync up all my attacks to the same tick, will he still recharge the shields for each attack?

He will. Every sub starts a new combat, even if they would arrive at the exact same second.

If this is true, it must apply to sub-to-sub combat as well and it should be impossible for three subs to end up in one combat. Yet the Time Machine preview says the impossible will happen...
    radon_eu

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:07 am

• Why does it say Player 1 and Player 2? In my games it always says your username.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:49 pm

• v3xt wrote:Why does it say Player 1 and Player 2? In my games it always says your username.

See how they font is a bit different? He changes names to keep identity hidden.
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:49 pm

• The impossible happened ... the martyr died along the way! :? :shock:

Thanks to this game glitch the no. 1 player Queen at the destination outpost survived... and lived to fight another day. :cry:
    radon_eu

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:11 am

• I guess indeed sub actions take 10 minuted which pauses their movements.

I noticed that if you reroute a navigator, it stands still for 10 minutes before it starts moving in another direction. So rerouting your navigator a lot, slows it down significantly.

And yesterday I got eliminated because my outpost was targeted by an attack.
    * At tick 0 I canceled an outgoing order and scheduled my queen + helmsman to leave
    * At the next tick, the order didn't finalize, and the incoming sub was still shown as a sub en-route to my outpost
    * At the tick after that, the outpost was taken and my queen was captured, eliminating me from the match.

So I don't fully grasp the way the time machine calculates the 10 minute thingy, and I guess it's also what made your martyr bump into the fight your other sub was in.
    stefan

Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:18 pm

• My understanding is that the martyr blows up as soon as she can. If another sub gets in range, you better hope all Friendly's are clear.
    Is this not the case?
    hawk3ye

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:34 pm

• hawk3ye wrote:My understanding is that the martyr blows up as soon as she can. If another sub gets in range, you better hope all Friendly's are clear.
    Is this not the case?

If you're saying the martyr blows up when a sub gets in range, no, that is not correct. The martyr only blows up when participating in combat.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:47 pm

• stefan wrote:So I don't fully grasp the way the time machine calculates the 10 minute thingy, and I guess it's also what made your martyr bump into the fight your other sub was in.

It's tricky, because setting up subs 10 minutes apart means that you also need to take into account that the first sub doesn't actually depart until after the 10-minute cancel window!

So I had done the right thing and timed the second sub >10 minutes after, but the first sub was held up by the cancel window. So in the end they were separated by less than 10 minutes... and ran into each other once the first sub was held up by combat... and so the martyr did his deed.

I guess the lesson is: don't cut it too fine!
    radon_eu

Return to Bug reports

Information