Sentry is firing on your sub

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:38 am

• In our current game "Witty Name Involving Subs", I and at least one other player have received false notifications that another player's sentry has fired on one of our subs. In each case the sentry was owned by player drpecker26.
    czechcongo

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:42 am

• why do you think the notification is wrong? we looked at the game and it seems that drpecker's sentry did actually fire on your subs. am i missing something?
    ron

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:59 am

• It did, but I got a notification when it wasn't. Sorry I didn't note the exact time of the notification. Maybe if the notifications got logged.... ;)

The other player who reported being notified (olive player in that game) couldn't even see drpecker's sentry, so his sub definitely didn't get attacked by the sentry.
    czechcongo

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:17 am

• Olive player got hit by the sentry as well. Just because you can't see them, it doesn't mean they can't see you! :)

You can see most of the notifications in the game log (under the time machine).
    Noel
    Site Admin

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:08 pm

• Because this is half related;

Would it be a good idea to have an enemy sentry appear on your map if it is currently firing on you from outside your range of visibility? Once it's focus switches to another sub it would vanish again. It just doesn't make sense that you wouldn't know which direction you are being shot from and would also eliminate some confusion in the game (like what happened in my previous game when someone had a sentry with 2xprincess and at least 1 intel officer).

If this change was made it wouldn't give a player any advanced knowledge of the sentry because time machine would still work based off what you can actively see and would only change once the sentry has started shooting and it's too late to retreat.

Just a thought considering the sentry does seem to be a little too good at what it does already if you're playing with defence minded people.
    Champinoman

Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:15 pm

• That's exactly how the visibility of the Sentry is supposed to work right now. If it's not, let me know and I'll fix it because it's a bug.
    Noel
    Site Admin

Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:49 pm

• It didn't happen to me so I can't be 100% sure. But here are the details so you can have a look.

Build 317
    The Hunt for Red October (538)
    MrPid

21 hours before the end of the game MrPid had 154 drillers heading to Ruiz from Chongos and being hit (long range) by the sentry at Blackway. He had no idea why his drillers vanished because he received no log entry or push notification.
    Champinoman

Return to Bug reports

Information