Martyr consistency?

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:23 pm

• I am faced with a dilemma. A martyr is heading between two of my outposts with very close proximity. The two outposts are so close that the martyr leaves range of putpost 1 at 17.6h and enters range of the other at 18.0. Meaning that I should have a range of 2 ticks where I can safely blow it up without harming any of my outposts.

I have launched a sub to intercept it between the two outposts however, this is where the bug comes in. I will launch it and it will say it won't blow up. But once the martyr's 20 minutes is gone and it moves a tick forward in the game, it shows that my farthest base will explode. Seeing this I recalculate my sub to intercept it earlier. Now, in real time, once the martyr's position moves 1 more tick forward, it shows my closest base getting blow up. There is obviously a point in between that allows the martyr to blow up without destroying my outposts but the game's update ticks are making it change on me based on when I check the game (in the middle half of a tick(1st 10 minutes) = farthes base exploding) and (near end of move tick, my closest base is show to explode).

What is going on with the inconsistency??

HUGE EDIT!
    When clicking the time wheel forward one tick, you can see the amount of time left before the next tick occurs. BUT. If you launch a sub with 30 seconds left in the tick, it won't launch until it's 10 minutes of waiting have occurred. This means it technically is launched at 10:30m later in the time wheel. NOT at 10:00. It will wait until the THIRD TICK to be sent (as it technically hasn't launched when the second tick has been updated, it still has 30 seconds to launch.) HERE LIES THE DISCREPENCY. YOU CAN ONLY SEE SUBS UPDATE AT 10 MIN INTERVALS BUT THEY ARE TRULY UPDATED REAL-TIME.

ALSO NOTE: when scrolling through the time when one tick at a time, each tick is 10 minutes, but when you get the time wheel into the "hours" range, it will look like this:

13.3h, 13.5h, 13.7h, 13.8h

notice that the time wheel in hours does not go up by a constant decimal. If you wait 5 minutes, the time wheel, instead, will read:

13.4h, 13.6h, 13.8h, 13.9h

As you can see. At first, 13.4h and 13.6h NEVER EXISTED in the original ticks but now it is telling you you will launch at 13.4 or 13.6 hours.

How do I know which one will actually occur?!?!?!
    HELP MEH.
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:29 pm

• Since the game runs in 10 minutes ticks and 1/10 of an hour is 6 minutes, sometimes things decimals will be skipped, sometimes not. Therefore waiting will change things like by 2 minutes so you can get a new decimal. I'd just play around with it a little if you can't find a solution immediately. I also believe a sub will always launch 10 minutes after launch. It will fall into proper ticks at the end of the journey. This is why some times it will say "combat In progress" or "unloading". So you'll always get a 10 minute launch, but sometimes you have to wait a few extra minutes when you hit a base.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:50 am

• With a window of opportunity that tight, I would have launched 4 single driller subs that overlap that time frame. Then as it got closer, gift whatever front drills cause a bad early trigger... Buys you time and certainty. Even the gifts go boom anyway. :)
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:31 pm

• carter j burke wrote:With a window of opportunity that tight, I would have launched 4 single driller subs that overlap that time frame. Then as it got closer, gift whatever front drills cause a bad early trigger... Buys you time and certainty. Even the gifts go boom anyway. :)

Why did I not think of this?? That's genius :3 well, anyhow, I found the sweet spot manually through lots of trial and error and nothing blew up thank god. Still was interesting to see how the mine machine worked in the whole thing though
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:51 am

• No problem.

I forgot to mention another advantage of this. If the first drill overlaps an outpost blowing, your enemies time machine may give him false hope his plan will work... ;)
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Return to Bug reports

Information