Pirate Speed Loss

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:01 pm

• I just encountered an issue with the pirate that seems a little odd.

I targeted a sub containing a navigator which later changed course to a different outpost. As a result of this my pirate was never going to reach its target. So when the target sub finally reached its outpost my pirate has turned towards my nearest outpost. However, because a combat has never occurred the pirate travels at 1x speed. This meant that my pirate was chased down by my opponents newly hired pirate (who was travelling at 2x).

The pirate description reads: “Sub carrying pirate can target another sub. When targeting a sub, travels 2x faster than ordinary subs, then travels at 4x normal speed to nearest friendly outpost”.

There is no condition in that description that specifies that combat must take place. So based on that description, when my sub turns and heads to my nearest outpost it should be heading there at 4x speed. This would prevent an opponent’s pirate from being able to run me down.
    Champinoman

Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:12 pm

• you're right, the description doesn't match the behavior. we'll discuss and figure out which we should change to match the other.
    ron

Return to Bug reports

Information