We need someone with access

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:53 am

• Hey , I know we had these talks and stuff but someone(s) create lots of game and there is no one to ban him or delete created games , so I guess we need someone with higher access and wint use this for his own advantage. Can someone email the devs?
    It can be a really limited access but we need it anyhow
    He was a fine player :D
    RIP rooz!

(Im alive , just stopped playing !)
    roozbeh

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:55 am

• Within the last 3 days, I've seen it twice. Never happened before, but now this. "Suck duck" and "Vote for Trump" both suddenly exploded in the games list. I think you're right that we need to have some sort of control on that, but how we could do that remains to be seen. Try emailing the devs, and see if they'll do something about it I guess...
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:23 am

• Well I was hoping 2-3 more known players could email them .
    RIP rooz!

roozbeh

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:19 am

• Idk, if the devs would trust players with that power. I think it's a good idea and I don't believe you guys would misuse it, but it's still a terrifyingly strong ability to put in the players hands.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:01 am

• The ability to cancel games. It is very powerful and yes I doubt the devs would handover the ability to us, by we never know. I'll email them if this gets greater support.
    Side note: If we just ban his L1 account, no doubt this person will make more.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:55 am

• Well Im sure we can figure something out to limit his access
    RIP rooz!

roozbeh

Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:00 pm

• roozbeh wrote:Well Im sure we can figure something out to limit his access

Once I get on my computer, and j could check his IP. I've never done that before so I'm not exactly sure how it works. I'll email the devs because it's annoying.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:38 am

• I know I have said this before, but I still do not understand why it is that the devs wouldn't want to let someone take over these type of duties - if they are unable or unwilling to do so themselves.

Especially since there are plenty of us around here that would be willing to do it for free.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:18 am

• mm1menace wrote:I know I have said this before, but I still do not understand why it is that the devs wouldn't want to let someone take over these type of duties - if they are unable or unwilling to do so themselves.

Especially since there are plenty of us around here that would be willing to do it for free.

We do not know if they are willing or not, i personally have not asked them et.
    nojo34

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:07 pm

• nojo34 wrote:We do not know if they are willing or not, i personally have not asked them et.

Yes, but that is exactly what I mean. It clearly isn't the best system to have to "ask" them every time we need something done - and not be sure whether we will hear back or not. Last time it was cleaning up the forums; this time it is cleaning up created games by a troll. Neither of these things are complicated, but they are essential to making the game continue to run smoothly.

Why not just spend a few hours finding someone willing to do these things?
    They could easily make a post, ask for applicants, determine who they think will be the best fit, and then not have to worry about day-to-day maintenance of the forums and/or game. Which is great, since they clearly do not want to do it.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

Next

Return to Bug reports

Information