App behavior on open

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Fri May 22, 2015 8:06 am

• I've been noticing that when I check the app, the application doesn't load. It sits at the spinning graphic. I need to hard close the app and reload it. I'll try my best to describe the steps below.

To repeat:

• Make sure the app isn't running in the background of iOS.
    • Start the app and enter current game
    • Exit the app back to your home screen
    • Allow some time to pass - here is where I'm not sure how much time needs to pass to trigger the issue.
    • Start the app again and notice that the map never loads and sits at the spinning loading graphic.

• Hard close the app so it's not running in the background and restart app to view current game.
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

Sat May 23, 2015 5:31 am

• I've been trying to repro this but I can't get it to happen. Have you been able to narrow it down a bit more?

If the activity indicator is spinning forever, it means that the app is still waiting for the server response and it hasn't gotten any errors. It will probably time out after 30 seconds, and print a message saying that it's retrying. I should check the 30 second timeout though, it's possible that the default is longer now.

Let me know if you get any other data.
    Noel
    Site Admin

Sat May 23, 2015 7:08 am

• I can replicate it by interrupting the load process by switching apps. When you go back it spins forever.
    FateCreatr

Sat May 23, 2015 9:24 am

• Yes! Thank you. I'll fix it for the next build.
    Noel
    Site Admin

Wed May 27, 2015 11:24 am

• I've run into this as well - I think it occurred if I interacted with another notification on my phone while the server state was still syncing.
    Kjallstrom

Return to Bug reports

Information