Targetting a sub that's about to disappear with your pirate

Found any bugs? Tell us!

• I targeted a sub with my pirate that was far away (good way to make a quick way across a map w/o other fast units BTW!) but my target went out of visibility range.

My time machine says my sub will turn around immediately, but the sub won't turn off it's course.

Check it out:

Pirate is moving towards a target no longer visible. I can waypoint it back towards my territory (you can see the dotted waypoint line) but it won't stop moving towards a target it can no longer see:

Pirate showing 12 hours before it reaches where the target disappeared (although it's clearly not on that course)

But, time machine says the sub will turn around immediately:

Time machine showing that the sub hasn't actually turned around in the last 4 hours.

thapollo

• Nice bug report with all those screenshots! You're right: The time machine and the real future should be consistent. In this case, we want the Pirate to lock on to the target, even if it leaves the visible area.

Thanks to your detailed explanation, I was able to track it down and fix it. It'll be fixed in the next build.
    Noel
    Site Admin

• awesome!

That sub did pursue its target and then followed the waypoint. In this case the original target wasn't there (someone else pirated it) but as far as I can tell my sub didn't find that out until it got there. Then went to the next waypoint.

Question... My sub was wayyyy out of my visibility range when this happened and another player launched a pirate at it. I couldn't see any outpost details around the area, but I could see the pirate coming at me. Is that expected? I have a screenshot if I'm being unclear ;-)
    thapollo

• Question... My sub was wayyyy out of my visibility range when this happened and another player launched a pirate at it. I couldn't see any outpost details around the area, but I could see the pirate coming at me. Is that expected? I have a screenshot if I'm being unclear ;-)

If another player launches a Pirate at one of your subs, then yes, it becomes visible. So that part at least was working correctly :)
    Noel
    Site Admin

Return to Bug reports

Information