Color Blind

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:45 pm

• I have a not totally crushing but pretty common color blindness.

Under my current color (which others have told me is "green") I can't see the flashing red dots unless I am zoomed all the way in.

Could you please add an option to highlight these warning lights in some way? Maybe white a ring around the red dot or some way to allow me to see what is going on?

It also makes communication difficult since many players refer to the other players by color and not their names. I almost always have to ask for clarification.
    FateCreatr

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:07 pm

• hey everyone, color blind friendliness is on our post-launch list.

it would help us a lot if color blind players could list the color blind issues they see with the current visual design. that way when we get to implementing this we'll know exactly what we need to fix (and who to ask if the solution is good).

please reply to this thread and add any issues not already listed.

thanks!
    ron

Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:58 pm

• The most common type is Red/Brown/Green and it affects about 10-15% of males. I think it's less than 5% of females.

Generally speaking, to larger or smaller degrees, these colors are interchangeable and look the same or similar enough to not matter.

I personally have a very hard time telling the difference between all the current in game browns and greens and some reds.

There are countless guides online around palette selection.

Because adjusting the palette dramatically changes the feel of the presentation, it's usually a user selectable option. they tend to be brighter, more primary colors.

This site has a good explanation and example.

http://www.visibone.com/colorblind/
    FateCreatr

Return to Bug reports

Information