Forum bug: Changing email address

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:13 am

• The bug prevents users from changing their email address from the control panel. It always responds with "The current password you entered is incorrect." Even though I am certain the password is correct.

From some quick googling, I think this is a bug in phpBB when using an external user database. The external password and the phpBB password somehow aren't linked properly, causing issues in the UCP.

Can someone else try to change their password from the User Control Panel and confirm that this isn't just me?
    User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Account Settings
    adma

• adma wrote:The bug prevents users from changing their email address from the control panel. It always responds with "The current password you entered is incorrect." Even though I am certain the password is correct.

From some quick googling, I think this is a bug in phpBB when using an external user database. The external password and the phpBB password somehow aren't linked properly, causing issues in the UCP.

Can someone else try to change their password from the User Control Panel and confirm that this isn't just me?

I can change mine , no problem... Do u have android device? Im on an ipad
    elasmar

• adma wrote:The bug prevents users from changing their email address from the control panel. It always responds with "The current password you entered is incorrect." Even though I am certain the password is correct.

Oh my bad i thought i wanted to change password xD
    elasmar

• you can edit your posts, you know...
    adma

• bump. still unable to edit email address.
    adma

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:39 am

• I'm seeing this issue as well.

But if, as you say, this is a problem with the phpBB forums platform, there's not a lot we can do from here.

Perhaps if you send the devs an email with your account information, they can fix this manually for you?
    stefan

• I know this is an old post, but I'm having the same problem. Did anyone get anywhere with this?
    sagorn

• This isn’t corrected.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Return to Bug reports