Email invites never reach my friends!

Found any bugs? Tell us!
Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:27 am

• Hello, I recently purchased the L2 clearance so that my friends and I can play private matches together, in total 3 of us.

I am careful to make the games casual and send the invite to their email addresses using the in game invitation.

Two of us are registered in the game on iOS, and the other registered in the game on android.

The problem is that they have yet to receive my emails from the game. I've tried copying the text into another email but the hyperlinks don't copy over. I have tried sending about 3 separate invites for 3 separate games over a period of a few days. They have yet to receive any of those emails at all, after having checked spam as well.

I even tried sending an invite to myself and I never received the email either.

Help, please?
    cibo matto

• I'm sending the devs an extra notification about this. They're working out server stuff, and maybe this is also part of that.
    stefan

• stefan wrote:I'm sending the devs an extra notification about this. They're working out server stuff, and maybe this is also part of that.

Thanks Stefan
    cibo matto

• we use your phone's native email client to send those emails, so if they are never received, i don't know what to tell you. can you check your "sent" folder to see if they are there? can you try sending yourself the link through some other means, like SMS or facebook or something? as long as you get the link somewhere, you can copy and paste it for your friends.
    ron

• I wanted to point out that the generated links sometimes don't work in that they start Subterfuge but do not bring up the "join room" dialog, instead depositing the player at the main menu. I've found that if I back out of the game and kill the app entirely the link then works perfectly, taking me directly to the match in client.
    *shrug*
    toekneegee

• ron wrote:we use your phone's native email client to send those emails, so if they are never received, i don't know what to tell you. can you check your "sent" folder to see if they are there? can you try sending yourself the link through some other means, like SMS or facebook or something? as long as you get the link somewhere, you can copy and paste it for your friends.

Thank Ron for you assistance. I updated my email client and I am now able to send invites.
    cibo matto

Return to Bug reports

Information